Building & Protecting tunnels for 100 years
Raphael valves jointly with Tyco Fire supplied in 2012-2013 hundreds of Fire Protection RAF valves
to protect major tunnel projects in Europe.
Through continued joint work with leading European Engineering companies and public road administration authorities, through innovation and joint work with Tyco Fire, Raphael developed unique advanced hydraulic valve solutions to ensure the highest reliability of city underground car tunnel network fire protection systems.
Additionally to the highest fire safety & valve reliability specifications, tunnel operators demanded high performance RAF valves to protect tunnels for tens of years whilst ensuring low maintenance complexity and costs,minimum tunnel service downtime.
Raphael Engineering innovative thinking led tunnel operators to choose RAF valve solutions:
- Proven patented fire protection hydraulic valve design with no mechanical metallic wet components subject to corrosion or operational failure.
- Superior engineered high built protective coatings - RILSAN (nylon# 11) for highly corrosive closed environments.
- Water hammer prevention intrinsic hydraulic design, full control of valve opening and closing time.
- SIL 3-4 operational long term safety reliability.
- Simple field scalability design allow adding more hydraulic functions to RAF valves at any later stage after the initial tunnel installation without compromising tunnel continued service.
- Practically no maintenance required, no specialized technical skills required to maintain RAF valves fully operational.
For more detail please contact Eng. Dan Kilberg at Raphael Valves Industries.
TO RAPHAEL VALVES WEBSITE